How to use and send POST method and what software to use

HTTP method

asimo10
3 years ago

I am stuck here for a week and dont know how to solve it please help me.

ps: I use a chromebook

Thread has been resolved, jump to solution
4replies
4voices
491views
Kernel_Junky
3 years ago

Well, I guess curl would be a good start.

asimo10
3 years ago

I still dont understand it.

rjkenny
3 years ago | edited 3 years ago

POST is just an HTTP request type - GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc

You can use a plugin like RESTer for Firefox, or any number of the others, to make the POST request. You’ll have to find the right headers to include to log in (assuming you’re talking about a level on here), otherwise it won’t work. You’ll need to research authentication options, both configuration settings for your tool and different ways to authenticate to sites.

You can also use curl, like Kernel_Junky said, but, again, you have to do some research on the various options there. Get comfortable using cURL to download files, log in to websites, etc.

You can also use programming libraries to do this, but, then you’re solving multiple new problems at one time.

Check out https://docs.postman-echo.com/?version=latest as a starting point. You’ll be able to learn what works and doesn’t work, and how and kind of why.

tmlr
3 years ago

You can also use Burp, which is a great tool.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss