Little guidance needed for Unknown sender

Unknown sender

Hi everyone,
I did a bit of research on GPG and the message received on the challenged seems a lot like a public key. and if that’s the case, a public key alone can’t be used to restore a message since only the sender holds the secret key.
I’m kinda confused at the moment so any help/guidance for a better understanding would be really welcome
Thanks in advance

6replies
5voices
692views
mortfeus
3 years ago | edited 3 years ago

First its not a pubic key because the header say “—–BEGIN PGP MESSAGE—–” if it was a public key the header will be like that “—–BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–”.
You can find many informations about the sender without the private key.
Maybe these articles will help you Asymetric Cryptography, KeyServer.
Continue your research on the pgp, you will find the answer ;)

Cytro [DibCytro]
3 years ago

Any Hints You can give us i really dont know what am working with here

mortfeus
3 years ago

You have to learn about asymmetric cryptography and pgp that all.

Cytro [DibCytro]
3 years ago

Read alot and still got nothing

Kaldah
3 years ago

You don’t really need to learn things about cryptography for this one, personnaly I didn’t, I just used a software for gpg, all you have to do is finding informations about the message, not decrypt it. But I guess there are other ways to get the sender’s name.

Cytro [DibCytro]
3 years ago

Thanks fir the info i’ll give it another go

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 7

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss