Invalid email address

Intro 9

Lagarto
3 years ago

So, I’ve found the secret email address in the HTML, I try swapping the value with the mail associated with this account and insert the admin email in the first form request, but it keeps telling me my email address isnt valid.
Did I get wrong the exercise? Do I need to use a special kind of email?

Thanks for your time :)

4replies
2voices
460views
Kaldah
3 years ago

Hello, you got it right, you just need to put the same email in each form.

Lagarto
3 years ago

So yeah, you were right, but Im kinda confused of the result.
So the hidden value was just used to validate, in some kind of way, the first mail in the form? But how does it work exactly? I dont see any condition that says that. Is it writte in other sources of the webpage? Maybe in a .javascript file? Sorry for all the questions, Im kinda a newbie.

Kaldah
3 years ago

I think there is already a thread in the solutions challenge about it, I believe the reason is that some informations are sent to the admin when you want to recover your password so the goal of the level would be to not warn the admin that you changed your password or maybe gain time by receiving it directly if the admin was supposed to send you your details manually.

Lagarto
3 years ago

Oooh I see, thanks for the reply!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss