f0rk [HackingGuy]
2 years ago

This challenge has been available for quite some time now but few have solved it. Is there any chance someone could shed light on a few related concepts? I don’t want a handout but rather a slight nudge in the right direction. :)

Thread has been resolved, jump to solution
10replies
5voices
602views
1image
BrianGL
2 years ago

Hi, I’m a newbie here but I found that by pressing “F5” to reload the page multiple time the timer increased. I also found that if you do it too much you have a blank page with a “500 :o” but it is not the password unfortunately. Now I do not know what to do. My max time on the timer was 20 seconds and few ms

BrianGL
2 years ago | edited 2 years ago
Kaldah
2 years ago

It’s acutally 28.7ms - instead 0.08ms - which is good but I don’t think it’s enough and I found that too but I don’t think it’s really part of the level, the “500 :o” is just an error to avoid spam, it happens on other levels too but maybe it could help us… I have no idea

f0rk [HackingGuy]
2 years ago

Also reviving this discussion in hopes that new light is shed. :)

I don’t believe that it is an SQL problem, as it is not categorized as such, but I could be wrong.

f0rk [HackingGuy]
2 years ago

:(

jarvisanai
2 years ago

may be it has a bit similarty with this one or may be I am wrong or may be we need to find out the max time it can handle , I mean upto what time it does not give the “500 o:” error or may be I am giving a spoler in that case pls tell me and also I have not yet solved that level

f0rk [HackingGuy]
2 years ago

That’s what I thought too! But @dloser gave me some helpful advice:
“there is a distinction between things you can do in general and things that are more specific to the challenge. You probably want to focus on the latter more than the former in most cases.”

So it makes me think that something about the password computation slows the page down. Someone flag this message if it spoils too much.

jarvisanai
2 years ago

I have tried something like that and I got the same result but in a different manner , may be we can talk about this in pm

f0rk [HackingGuy]
2 years ago

I’m going to close this thread since I have solved the challenge.
Thank you all for your help!

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 11

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss