Old Members Points Not Accurate

dalou
9 years ago

I might be mistaken but I think my points are not accurate compared to the amount of challenges I have completed. I have been a member for a few years now, during which the site has changed a decent amount. I think the scores didn’t get converted over. My score says I have somewhere around 3,000 points but I have the gold medal saying I have acheived over 5,000 points. I assume that if this is and issue for me, then it is an issue for other older members as well.

14replies
5voices
261views
dloser
9 years ago

Not entirely sure, but I believe there have been some changes to the scoring a few months ago. You probably had >5000 before and the medals didn’t get updated in the change.

dalou
9 years ago

I think it’s more than that. It also says I’m only 27% complete with the challenges and thats no where close to being correct.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

It’s note 27% of Challenge, it’s 27% of all the maxi of point on Hackthis!!
HT!! has something like 12200 point in total

dalou
9 years ago

I still don’t think mine matches up though. Theres no way I’m not at least 50%.

dloser
9 years ago

WeChall API claims you have 6285 from challenges alone. So yeah, something does seem to be wrong there.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

I’ve counted all level’s and Medal’s point :
9860 points for Challenges
1825 points for Medals
11685 in Total
So if we do :
27 x 11685 / 100 = 3154.95
So 27% is equal to 3155 point on Hackthis!! :)

dloser
9 years ago

WeChall API says 10635 total points for challs. Also, I have more than 11685 points. :)

Besides that, the 27% = 3155 is not the issue. It’s that 27%/3155 is too low given the amount he solved and the medals he has.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

Yes dloser, I think too now there is a problem, look at flabby points, I don’t understand what you and he do to have more points than there is there lol

dloser
9 years ago

Well, that part is probably an error on your side in calculating the totals. The WeChall API is pretty accurate because it recalculates the values on each request, while user scores on this site are not calculated every time (only updated on changes).

Somewhere along the line dalou’s (and others'?) score got skewed and @flabbyrabbit will probably have to force a recalculation of those values in the database.

dloser
9 years ago

B.t.w., in case that confused you, my score seems fine. The 10635 from the API is for challenges only. That plus the 1225 for my medals is indeed 11860.

The combined max should be 12460, according to the API and the medal page. So flabby’s 12908 is indeed a bit high, especially because he has one missing badge and one missing challenge. That dirty stinky hacking piece of scum! ;)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

I think you’re right AND dalou is good at 27%

dloser
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

sigh :p

For dalou I come to 1100 points for medals and 6285 for challenges (I took 10635 minus his unsolved). That’s a total of 7385 points (59%).

(Edit: 6285? Wait.. didn’t I see that number before? Oh right.. the WeChall API! ;))

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

There were several retired challenges on HackThis!! before. I believe @flabbyrabbit was too lazy to reset his score. :p

But @dalou’s case is correct. His points somehow stopped increasing somewhere.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

I am lazy, but not that lazy :p I have no idea how his points have reverted back a few thousands points. I have double checked @dloser’s calculations, which of course are entirely correct and have updated @dalou’s profile (and my own).

Next step will be to try and optimize and score calculator and run it across the whole database and see how wide spread the problem is.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss