Backtrack 5R3 login incorrect error.

Brianvdb
11 years ago

Help me please, i installed Backtrack 5R3 3 days ago and i logged in and changed my default password to something else. Then i got off my computer and tried to login yesterday, i got an error saying password incorrect and i tried the new one and the default one but it did not work so i resetted it and when it was done i changed the password again. Got off again and got back on today and same problem… So i resetted again but now i can’t even login with the default root/toor. Any help please?

4replies
2voices
494views
A [r00t_friend]
11 years ago

What did you write in terminal?

Brianvdb
11 years ago

Passwd and then enter new password

A [r00t_friend]
11 years ago

and repeat the password right ?
I don’t know I didn’t really have any problems with that…. I used BT and I think it just a fancy OS with many tools that you will rarely use except social engineering tools and you can just download if you are just a regular user. Try ubuntu :D

Brianvdb
11 years ago

I fixed it for now, i made a new virtual box so i installed everything again. I’m not going to change my password this time just in case haha :D

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss