How to Configure PhotoRec?

Missile codes

aemogie. [theaemogie]
2 years ago

This discussion lead me to downloading testdisk + photorec. (I’m new to these tools.)
Opening the .img in testdisk showed all the file with the names but all the files were empty.
There, I saw a file with the name >> LaunchCodes , but the contents of all the files were empty when trying to copy it.
After reasearching more I found this.
So, I used PhotoRec. It recovered a lot of files but all with weird names like f0050212.
This recovered a rar file,>> which had an audio file in it (which was password protected but by bruteforcing I unlocked it.)

But since PhotoRec recovers files based on file extension (I think.) It didn’t recover the file >> LaunchCodes .
While reading through the other discussions, I found out that this file had the first 3 launch codes and I had to find the 4th from the audio file.
I have no clue what to search for in the audio file (or even how to) since I don’t have the first file.

1reply
1voice
322views
aemogie. [theaemogie]
2 years ago

Also, for some reason, to me spoilers are shown as >> spoiler text. Hope that’s not the case for others.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 2

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss