What am I doing wrong?

Custom encoding

n0ty0u
10 months ago | edited 10 months ago

Hi.

So, I’m pretty sure that my decryption function works fine. But my submitted answers were all invalid.
Does anyone know what could be wrong with my method. I kinda ran out of ideas.

One of the input test data and its output generated with my function:

input: 42,54,61,48, ,49,61,37, ,60,41,42, ,39,54,57,44,57, ,42,47,47, ,56,44,47,49, ,59,47,41,50,58, ,43,47,49,57, ,39,57,44,57, ,39,54,37, ,42,54,57,37, ,61,49,47,48,55, ,61,56,42,57,44, ,61,59,44,47,43,43

output: THAN MAY BUT WHERE TOO FROM COULD SOME WERE WHY THEY AMONG AFTER ACROSS

I know the words are shuffled or they make no sense at all, but the decrypted text seems legit. So what else could I be doing wrong? Am I just too slow?

I don’t want to ruin anything so I describe how my program works in the spoilers..

I use python with pyautogui to automate the answering part of the challenge. The input data needs to be copyed to the terminal, then the program pastes the decrypted answer in the textarea and proceeds to submit it by tapping TAB and then ENTER.

Thanks for the answers in advance :)

5replies
4voices
331views
🐉 [Cheerfulbull]
10 months ago

Hello! Please note that the spoilet tags are visible by anyone, and many people would be happy to take a short cut, so be careful. As for your code, I think the answer is all lowercase, though I might be wrong

n0ty0u
10 months ago

Yeah, I know. But I tried to not give away too much. But if someone wants an easy way out, that someone will find it…
I do not know. I am gonna check the challenge again and hopefully see if my decrypt method actually works.

LouisJ
10 months ago

Hi,
Indeed, in the example you put, the text should be in lowercase.
keep going on!

occasus
5 months ago

Hi all dear Challengers, I’m having a submitting problem too (or maybe wrong result). I would be very grateful, if I may send someone who already solved my Python code… in order to understand better what I’m missing. Many thanks in advance.
Sincerely - occasus

You can PM me :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss