sniper [rafik007]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

[removed the binary]
Admin: why post the binary here, since it’s there for download on the level page?

33replies
26voices
1,067views
J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

So.. is there a hidden question?
If you are stuck then you should read the other posts and take a look at the BM 6 at the beginning of the file.

EEEEE
11 years ago

LOL :) i think he wanted to write in other language but in fact it became >FFFFFFFFFFFF $FFFFFFFFFFFF $FFFFFFFFFFFF $FFFFFFFFFFFF $$$ 5$ $ $$ 5 $$ 5 $ $ $$$ _ $ _ $$ $$ 5 FFFFFFFFFFFF $$$ $ _ $$ 5 $$ 5 $ $ $$ _ $ _ $$ $$ 5 FFFFFFFFFFFF $$$ 5$ 5 $$ 5 $ $ $ $ $ $$ $$ _ $ _ $ $ _ $ $ FFFFFFFFFFFF $$$ $ $ 5 $ $ $ $$ $ _ $ 5$ 5 $ FFFFFFFFFFFF $$$ $$ _ 5$ 5$ $ $$ $ _ $ _5$

hackerxx906
11 years ago

this is crazy… really crazy…

heavenlyMe
11 years ago

some file type have characteristic itself

Honey Boo Boo [Ski900]
11 years ago

Wait till SQLi Level 2 hackerxx906!

khwaja
10 years ago

how to read the b1.txt file coudnt understand…………..

try opening the file with the software we use almost in our daily lifes, PM me if u got no idea what i am talking about

guuf
10 years ago

khwaja, I began with Main Level 1, and continued in sequence. This way you get as stepwise increase in methods. Learn by doing!

Lachose
10 years ago

it’s thathe language

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Lachose are you asking about basic level 1?

Wibben
10 years ago

I think he’s saying that the key to what the original file type is in the txt document (“language”).

samtaylor10101
10 years ago

sooooo hard please help really hard dont understand

theelitedreamer
10 years ago

A candy once u get through… :) Just about a lil' conversion… Hex definitions helped me a lot…

nGon-
10 years ago

Just a few things to keep in mind: it isn’t actually read by the computer, it’s just for you to learn more about conversion. With that said you need to do something that makes no logical sense as it is external from the server. You need to take a close look at the file you can download as it gives you a hint in the beginning (remember, google is your friend, or at least as long as it doesn’t sell any info about you to companies), you can read the hint without any conversion but you’ll need to convert the file (I really mean the file and not the data that’s inside it) for the actual password and username. Try googling for how to use extensions (stuff like .doc .txt .exe etc.) as well. Good luck, you’ll find it out sooner or later, don’t worry. Also, you can use the same technique as they used to make this file to store other data although it might lose some data during the conversion so don’t rely on that, for this you’ll have to convert like [some file type] —> .txt rather than .txt —> [some file type], the latter you’ll need to do for this level.

Again, good luck

alienor500
10 years ago

heelo,
I m french and new on this forum, i can t open the B1, i try with ASCII but is not good, i try to change the .txt in .doc html … but nothing Happen, I need Help, sorry for my sad english, and Thank You for help

alienor500
10 years ago

heelo,
I m french and new on this forum, i can t open the B1, i try with ASCII but is not good, i try to change the .txt in .doc html … but nothing Happen, I need Help, sorry for my sad english, and Thank You for help

guuf
10 years ago

alienor500, your English is fine. The extension .txt says this file is a text file. So whatever text editor/word processor you use will display text. Look at the first few character inside the file and Google them. Then change extension appropriately.

alienor500
10 years ago

thank you guuf, well , i must rename this file .BMP?? how i can do that correctly?

guuf
10 years ago

Use rename to change extension. Please remove the spoiler so other can enjoy this level. (.XXX??)

alienor500
10 years ago

I am angry against me because I have not found earlier. Thank You for your help

nath500
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

hello,for know the extennsion of any file:
the extension of a file is written to the beginning of the file open with notepad

[paulau]
10 years ago
heavenlyMe
10 years ago

@nath500 Please edit your post. It contains the answer of this level.

chaos_architect
10 years ago

well i have run the file through a hex editor, i have tried using every variation of the correct extension i can possibly think of, i have tried converting the file and checked many online resources, yet i get only error messages. i truly believe, after many hours of labor, that the txt doc named ‘b1’ is in fact corrupt and that this puzzle cannot be solved.

Ice_giant
10 years ago

Hahahah, finally got it :)
Open the file using a text editor and see what is written at start :)
google that word/phrase and see what it means (spoiler 1 if you’re confused) >> Not the guitar part, I was confused too

Now try tweaking with the file extension and
BTW your browser knows to open thousands of extensions.
Hope it helps

Sidysky
10 years ago

… I found it, but in 64x, you can’t use it…. I’m feeling owned…

0xDC
10 years ago

Seblm01, please edit your post (or one of the admins will). Giving away answer to other users is not fair. We’re all here for a challenge, not for the answers.

Thanks!

chaos_architect
10 years ago

i have found the part of the file that is reffered to, and i understand what it means and the file format the img is meant to be viewed in. however the document is corrupt no matter how i reformat it. i have tried manually adjusting the extension, i have tried converting it to the correct format using file converters. nothing works and i still believe this puzzle to be broken or somehow incompatible with my system/windows/etc.

tyler777
4 years ago

I just want to say that it is hidden in plain sight i spent a solid 30 minutes before it hit me and i got to say this was very smart idea

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Why are you reviving a 6 years old thread for this?

tyler777
4 years ago | reply to #79673

Honestly not sure? I mean there are still some people that look at the thread for some hints or help. Im sorry?

Reply has been removed
tyler777
4 years ago

Hello, i would be glad to help you with a hint or so to get you going in the right direction, however i will not give you any spoilers. The best way to learn is by doing. Anyways there is a hint in the very first line. Google helps with everything! If you would like further help please private message me so i can talk to you without spoiling anything for others.

Spoooooky
4 years ago

I had the same problem like chaos_architect. So a hint for all people with the same problem. If you still could not open the file after you changed the file to right type, try to use an online converter

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 34

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss