A Real Begginers guide to Hacking

ZZtwindagger
11 years ago

So this is for the new people out there that have come to this site to learn how to hack…
There are several things I want to talk to these new people about. One of these things is I would like to stress the fact that learning to hack is not easy. I would also want to debunk the rumor that in order to be a hacker you have to be insanely smart… Many people seem to believe you have to be as smart as the Albert Einstine or Stephen Hawking to hack (I apologize if i misspelled thier names)… the truth is the in hacking you only need common sense to do pretty much anything…

The first thing you should think about is the type of hacker that you want to be there are various skillsets of hacking and it is best to become a master of one… rather than a bigginer of all…

There are 3 main types of hacker. You should keep this into consideration while you are learning
Black Hats
these are you typical and most well known type of hacker that general public will usually relate all hacker to. Black Hat hackers tend to be on the bad end of the spectrum… these are the people that are after someone credit card information, and trying to still your identity, and also have been know to try and take down other hackers because they can… These people are not so freindly in the world of hacking…

White Hats
These hackers are the guardian angel of the hacking world. They only hack for good. An example of a White Hat hacker would be someone that would hack Paypal just to see if they can gain access… if they succeed they will send information about how they did it to Paypal and recommend ways to fix it so other hackers cannot take advantage of those security flaws and so on… again they are the goodie two shoes of the hacking world.

Grey Hats
A Grey Hat hacker probably consists of 90% of the hackers out there. Lets use some real world examples… Black hats are the criminals or bad guys… White hats are the fbi or police or good sumaritans…. Grey hats are the average person… Grey hats are neither good nor evil cause depending on the curcumstances they are doing both…

you need to remember where you would like to fall in these catagory’s becuase it will give you an idea of what other hacker will view you as…

Types of hacking
most people when they think of hacking they think… internet security and databases programming and hacking youtube so it says “You Suck”. they are many types and styles of hacking… this is just most commonly known skillset there is…

Here are just a few types of hacking…

internet- require numorous skillsets to hack website and servers and other stuff…

computer- requires and advanced knowledge on how a computer will work… this is hacking your teachers computer so you can give him/her a virus just so you can laugh at them later… or even fixing systems that you cant get access to…

electronic- there are many types of electroninc hacking from hotel card key hacking… cellphone hacking… ipod… ect ect… but you should get the idea…

these would be the three most common… (that i have come across types of hacking…

no matter what type of hacking you are doing you are going to have to learn spanish german or french (Yes the world of technology has as many languages as the human world.) You will not have to learn those languages… the world of technology has other languages you must learn that was just a analogy… anyway most learn the language that is best for what you want to learn… i am doing the whole internet hacking scene so i have learned html and php and am decent with java script… what ever type of hacking you want to learn you must know the languages nessecary to hack the stuff you want to hack

I hope this helps new guys… as for the expereinced ones I am sure i made a few error so you can correct me so that they new guys do learn the right way because i suck at explaining stuff lol

29replies
20voices
497views
ZZtwindagger
11 years ago

this post is just to help you know where to start for those that are clueless… i can only point you in the right direction… the knowledge you have to aquire yourself

fallenonehf
11 years ago

Nice tutorial! I’m gonna read this now!
Also it’s Beginners not begginers :D

fallenonehf
11 years ago

It’s a really good explanation.
1 year ago, when I started hacking I never knew where to start. So I was doing nothing for 5-6 months untill I found someone
who explained something like this to me, which cleared things up.
Thanks for this thread, which made me realize again what I want :)

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Well I think there are already two tutorials about it but might help someone anyway.. d:

malakof
11 years ago

slt je voudrai un hack pour le jeu imvu please aider moi !

[deleted user]
11 years ago

I’m sure I read a lot of that somewhere else on the net????

you can not trick anonra or coldIV :D

ZZtwindagger
11 years ago

ty guess for the responses… idk if there are more like this elsewhere but i am sure this has been posted in part or whole probably 100 times on this forum alone…. i dont see anything wrong with that cause there are always people who may need it explained by someone else cause some people understand the wording better by someone who may word it differently… anyway i had some question pop up about where to begin learning and more so i tried to give a good idea here so i dont have to answer it myself 50 more times lol… hope this helps you all

WhiteShadow410
11 years ago

Explained beautifully, ZZ.

Susan S [Trinity]
11 years ago

ZZtwindagger I’m sure ANONRA didn’t mean anything when he said “I’m sure I read a lot of that somewhere else on the net???? ” He has always been upfront with me and my friends who are also on here. Just like all the oldies, (members who have been here over three years) they are the first to help when someone who has at least tried to do the levels and needs some pointing in the right direction.
Don’t think too badly of him. Nice post all the same. :)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Hi all, Hi Trinity, not heard from you in a while. Hope you are well?

ZZtwindagger didn’t mean anything with what I said. I only meant I had already read something like that elsewhere on the net! Didn’t mean to offend mate! :)

waad
11 years ago

It does not matter that I heard it somewhere else and it’s nice to see someone helps other.
It’s really helpful thank you (I will be pink hats)lol:)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Thanks for that waad. It’s always nice to be nice :) Just some people don’t want to listen and are rude for no reason.
I’m always happy to help someone who at least tries to do the level firstly by themselves. Have a great weekend! :)

waad
11 years ago

you too ANONRA:)

matt [mrquality]
10 years ago

thanks very much boss. is very good to be nice.

heavenlyMe
10 years ago

as long as it’s not a copy paste, the writer deserves for a credit. Keep posting a good thing :)

hackthemforfun
10 years ago

i’m like cristiano ronaldo focus on my waves ,i’m like spiderman funny one,and i’m like naruto even if i’m bad i’ll still work hard and believe in my dreams…thank you boss

[deleted user]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

[quote=fallenonehf]It’s a really good explanation.
1 year ago, when I started hacking I never knew where to start. So I was doing nothing for 5-6 months untill I found someone
who explained something like this to me, which cleared things up.
Thanks for this thread, which made me realize again what I want :)[/quote]
wish i could find someone and do the same for me x.x

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@shiruken: Just a repeated sentence: “Don’t learn to hack, hack to learn!”.
@ZZtwindagger: Nice post. You deserved karma.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

[quote=]shiruken: Just a repeated sentence: “Don’t learn to hack, hack to learn!”.[/quote]
i dont belive in it anymore , i tried and failed to self-educate myself about hacking :/

Because you now have “learn to hack” mindset. I assume you don’t bother wondering how things (application(s), website(s)…) work.

darksage12
10 years ago

you can also try (if your a beginner)
the anarchist cook book

Max Lockhart [MaxLockhart]

I think this should should be renamed, “How to Identify who you are as a Hacker”. It really doens’t give any detailed information on how things work or tips on how to do research via the internet to learn things yourself. Really all there is to hacking is being good with computers, understanding how the technology works then manipulating it in order to exploit and obtain information unconventionally. That’s all! You shouldn’t have to sit down and think, “Should I be the bad guy or the good guy hacker? Hmmmm… which movie sounds cooler?” Now that’s not saying that it’s not good to look up to certain people as a role model who may hack or program. Just don’t do it for all of the wrong reasons. Make sure it’s a passion to you or you have some goal or purpose. Now, I believe it’s safe to say we are all guilty of being script kiddies at some point in time. Especially if you didn’t grow up with computers. So instead of putting people who are “skiddies” down, we need to better help guide them. Now back to what I was saying about your identity. What determines whether you are a black hat, white hat, grey hat, is who you are personally. What you do as soon as you sit behind that box determines that.

A better, “Real beginer Hacker Guide” would better help explain the fundamentals of a network, different types of virus', how web browsing works, programming languages, and then maybe a couple basic exploits. But actually give detail and how they work. Not like those assholes on youtube who know one or two commands on a command prompt and have the worlds most clutterd desktop, tell you to ping a website, and then say, “That’s how you get the IP Address of a website” and then title the video “How to Hack a Website”.

A better tutorial would be first to name the video, “Hacker Lesson One: How to Find an IP Address” and show ways to resolve host names, IP Addresses of websites, and maybe how to resolve IPs of a personal computer, explain internal and external IP Addresses, and the difference between ipv4 and ipv6, explain what an internet protocol address is in the first place, and what the commands actually mean, different arguments that go along with the commands, and give a broad overall understanding of the topic. Just because you can ping a site doesn’t make you a hacker! But if you have a good set of tools behind your belt on how you can creatively use the ping command and a couple other, you just might be able to do some damage. When you have a bunch of scattered information that makes NO friggin' sense you are not going to get far in the long shot. I’m saying this all from personal experience as well.

A great example is watching this guy:

Opposed to watching this guy:

So just those things really need to be corrected. Make sure your titles match the topic you’re explaining and that you are giving detailed information on the topic. Thank you for posting and meaning good to all of the users. Don’t do things for the wrong reasons and know your stuff before you try anything big. That’s how people get caught.

Now just to give something nice for all of you, here’s a cute little video I watched about half a year ago that showed up in my recent videos on an old youtube account. For all of the “newbies” out there. jk But no, it’s pretty entertaining

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@MaxLockhart: Nice speech, dude. I love the last video, simple but interesting. :)

Thanks, and right?! It’s kind of creepy and weird in a way. This is like the stuff I watch on a semi-cloudy day, early in the morning, eating a bowl of cereal, and watching Cartoon Network before I get down to business. I have tons of fun, cute, entertaining, little videos. Both educational and soup for the soul. Here’s a pretty good one that gives the same vibe.

[youtube]

[/youtube]

ofwallstreet
10 years ago

i’ve always had a brain for figuring out thing, as a kid i was addicted to puzzles..
am new to hacking, but am already teaching myself C++… am 27 years old now, it took me this long to realize, what i was…
this stuff, is kind of easy to pick up,
i say give it one year, i should have atleast 5 programming languages in my brain…

so who wants to be my buddy.. message me.

[IAmDevil]

Yes these things are easy to pick up but are quite difficult to keep up with! For being a complete master in cyber security it requires a lot of patience and will power to go on. I hope @ofwallstreet go a long way down this mysterious path and will surely reach your destination !
You would also like to consider python, java and C as a programing language and really nice videos @MaxLockhart .

YuMan [Flosh]
9 years ago

Yeah nice tutorial ZZtwindagger ;) !! Thanks for that

Reply has been removed
philpopper
3 years ago

The Hackers Playbook 2 is also nice.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 30

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss