New game idea

Josep5h
10 years ago

Last night I downloaded a book on python game programming and today I have started looking at the source code for the ‘Guess the number’ game. I was wondering if it would be possible to adapt on that to create a password game.

5replies
6voices
208views
Pinkponyprincess
10 years ago

Anything is possible when coding …

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

@Josep5h - Please explain in more detail what you mean.

Elhitch
10 years ago

It is possible, of course - however you’ll need a predefined table of passwords in your code / on a text file. Unless you wish your passwords to be a total random non-sense.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

hmm… yes i’d like a more detailed explanation @Josep5h !!!
It seems to be intresting :)

Don’t know who gave a -ve karma to @Pinkponyprincess but here’s one !!

Try looking into Unity3d Game Engine. It can compile for many major game consoles including wii and ps3. Supports many programming/scripting languages such as C++, C#, Python, Javascript, and many others. It’s very flexible and I have used it personally before and was quite satisfied. Although I never finished anything or care too much for 3d video games, I will say that they have outdone themselves and it is a pretty good engine. I wouldn’t use it for 3d modeling though. Blender 3d is pretty good for that and can dub as an animation software. As a game engine I personally think that Blender is weak in those areas, but is outstanding for modeling and animation and supports all of the same languages as Unity3d including Python Console. Therefore, Unity3d and Blender 3d complement each other pretty well. Unity3d has a strong engine, weak graphic design, and Blender has a weak engine, but strong in graphic design and animation.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss